The Kazabazua river gave its name to the municipality.
The history of Kazabazua starts at the beginning of the 19th century with the arrival of the first colonists in about 1835. The first family of pioneers, Hogan, was soon joined by Gabie, Chamberlain, and Pritchard.
The post office inaugurated the same year bore the name of Kazabazua. This term comes from Algonquin kachibadjiwan which mean "hidden waters", "water running underground" or "water passing under rocks" and by extension: "underground river".
From the bridge on Route 105, which spans the river; it is possible to observe the river disappear under ground. The resurgence occurs approximately 30 meters downstream; the river runs out in rapids and passes under a natural stone bridge once again.
In Kazabazua today one may find buildings with patrimonial value of which are the Old Mahoney Flour Mill, the Trinity United Church, the church St-Stephen, the Ronald Rochon House as well as St. Andrew’s Anglican Church.
The Kazabazua Hotel, which had been inaugurated in 1868, was famous in the Outaouais and surrounding areas and known by the name "The longest bar in the Gatineau". It was destroyed by fire in July 2002.
The Kazabazua River and the plains which it crosses are among the natural attractions impossible to circumvent which make up the pieces of the municipality.
The plains of Kazabazua appear among single geomorphologic phenomenon in Quebec. It is made of dunes and peat bogs inside of which are many listed rare and threatened vegetal species. The formation of the dunes would be due to a wind activity on the sediments, left by the withdrawal of the Champlain Sea in this sector, more than 7,500 years ago.
The l80km linear Park of the Valley-of-the-Gatineau crosses most of this plain and offers hikers a good trail and at the same time a strange and rich curious natural spectacle.
In the Village and its surroundings, are some restaurants, snack bars along with a grocer and other small trade and artisanal shops.